I wanted to take a moment to bullet point some basic information for you to help you get ready for Tuesday, Aug. 7, the first day of school.
- New student orientation is as follows: Grades 8-12 meet Monday, Aug. 6, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. We’ll provide lunch. School uniform is not required for Grades 8-12 orientation. Seventh Graders will spend their first day of school in orientation to help acclimate them. School uniform is required for everyone the first day of school.
- Our school day is 7:55 a.m.-3 p.m. every day. Twice a month, we’ll have early release Wednesdays for teacher in-service days. Watch the weekly Bruin Buzz for those dates. It comes out every Friday. It’s our primary method of communication.
- Uniforms are required each day. Check the website under Bruin Life for specifics.
- School pictures will be made Wednesday, Aug. 8, in the Fine Arts theater.
- School supply lists for Middle School are on the website under Academics – Middle School Information. Grades 9-12 don’t have specific lists. Come prepared with paper and writing utensil. Each teacher will tell you if you need something specific for their class.
- Carpool: Enter through the gate next to the hotel. Exit through the main gate. The cafeteria is open for drop-offs at 7 a.m. We have after school care until 6 p.m. Buildings are open for students at 7:45 a.m. unless they have tutoring arranged with their teacher for earlier.
- Class schedules with locker assignments will be distributed the first day of school.
- Our first weekly school Mass will be Thursday, Aug. 9. Dress uniform will be required.
- You will receive instructions on how to use Parent Portals to check your student’s grades. Those will be emailed to you the first week of school.
- You also will receive instructions in another email before the start of school about setting up a lunch account with MMI Dining.
- When questions arise about a class, please email that teacher first. Other questions should be directed to the counselors or grade level directors.
- Counselors: Mrs. Carrington, Grades 10-12; Mrs. Piazza, Grades 7-9
- Directors: Mrs. Cooper, Middle School (7-8); Ms. King, High School (9-12)
We’re going to have a great school year. I look forward to meeting you and walking with you as your child grows in knowledge and joy working ultimately toward graduation. Please enjoy the rest of your summer.