This weekend is a huge for our school, and we hope you will be able to participate. Here is what’s happening:
- 7:30 p.m.: Bruin baseball kicks things off with Game 1 of a best-of-three playoff series against Taylorsville. This game originally was scheduled for Thursday night; it was canceled because of weather. Opening pitch is 7:30 p.m. on the road at Taylorsville.
- 11 a.m.: Bruin athletes participate in the state track meet in Pearl beginning at 11 a.m.
- 2 p.m.: Celebration of the Arts at Fine Arts building. The program will include the Spring Concert, a program honoring retiring St. Joe teachers and the Senior Art Show. Theater and dance students will perform at the concert. The art show and retiree reception will be in the lobby and hallways of the building. Come listen to wonderful music, celebrate some great educators and possibly purchase art created by our seniors. Admission is free.
- 3:30-5 p.m.: PA Crawfish Boil. This originally was scheduled Friday before a planned home baseball playoff game. The crawfish boil moved to Saturday when the baseball game schedule shifted, moving the home playoff game from Friday to Saturday. A $10 ticket buys 2 pounds of crawfish, potatoes, corn, sausage and water; you can buy tickets the day of the crawfish boil. If you already bought tickets but cannot attend the rescheduled event, you can get a refund from the front office at school.
- 5 p.m.: Game 2 of a best-of-three playoff series against Taylorsville at D.M. Howie Field. This game originally was scheduled for Friday night. Admission is $7 for everyone.
As the 2016-2017 school year rapidly comes to an end, we hope you will be able to join us on campus for a great weekend of events and celebrations.
The Saint Joseph Parent Association invites everyone
to join us for a
Bruin Family Cinco de Bayou Crawfish Boil
Honoring Members of the Class of 2017 and their Families
On Friday, May 5, 2017 from 5 pm until 7 pm
Bill Raphael Football Field & Concession Area
Tickets $10 per plate (suggest advance purchase to secure plate)
Includes: 2 pounds of Crawfish, Sausage, Potatoes, Corn and Water
Tickets may be purchased from Religion Teachers until May 4th
Bring your chairs and gather for this community event
Family/Friends set up allowed beginning at 3:30 pm
Desserts & Kid’s Brown Bag sold on site by the SJCS Spirit Steppers