Welcome to the Saint Joseph Catholic School family!
Below are some important points as you and your child prepare for the start of the new school year next month.
- Friday, Aug. 5 -- Seventh-Grade Orientation: 7:55 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Please drop off students in the carpool line, entering the gate next to the Hilton Garden Inn by 7:55 a.m. Students will wear regular uniforms. School supplies should be sent this day.
- Friday, Aug. 5 -- Eighth- to 11th-Grade New Student Orientation: 10 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Students will meet in the lobby of the administration building to go over procedures and take a campus tour. Lunch will be served.
- Monday, Aug. 8 -- Classes begin at 7:55 a.m. Please click here for this year’s bell schedule.
- Saturday, Aug. 13 -- New family social at the home of Gary and Joy Dodson, whose son will be a ninth grader this fall. This event offers you a chance to meet other families and the Parent Association board.
- Monday, Aug, 22 -- Back to School Night: The event will begin at 5:15 p.m. in the Fine Arts Building with registration for the Fine Arts Support Team (FAST) and the Saint Joseph Booster Club. You can purchase parking passes, school T-shirts, sweatshirts and other items. At 6 p.m., parents will meet briefly in the theater before meeting with each teacher. This meeting is for parents only.
Theology is an integral part of our school and includes weekly and special occasion Masses. Students participate in a yearly class retreat off campus and attend penance services during Advent and Lent. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament takes place in the school chapel. Prayer is offered at the beginning of each school day and the beginning of each class. PLEASE NOTE: Dress uniform is required for all Masses.
All parents will have access to PlusPortals, our online class announcements and grade reporting service. Once you receive log-in instructions and an activation code, you can click here to access PlusPortals at any time. Don’t forget to bookmark PlusPortals so you can have quick access.
You can download and read a copy of the Saint Joseph Catholic School Student Handbook for the 2016-2017 school year if you click here.
- The school day begins on most days at 7:55 a.m. and ends at 3:05 p.m. On even period block schedule days, usually every Thursday, the school day begins at 8:55 a.m. and ends at 3:05 p.m. Please consult the school calendar for changes to the daily class schedule.
- Late-arrival days are a great time to schedule doctors' appointments so that they do not interfere with regular class schedules.
- Students should be dropped off each morning at the cafeteria/gymnasium. Enter the parking lot through the gate next to the Hilton Garden Inn. Students must not be dropped off at the Administration, Fine Arts or classroom buildings.
- The cafeteria opens at 7 a.m. every day, including late-arrival days, for students who need to be dropped off early. Students stay in the cafeteria until they are dismissed for first period.
- After-school supervision is available until 6 p.m. Contact the school for more information and cost.
- All Saint Joseph students are required to perform Gospel Service Hours. Program guidelines will be distributed to the students. More information about the service hour program may be found on the Saint Joseph website by click here. Contact Mrs. Mary Banks at email@example.com for more information.
- Saint Joseph does not require a P.E. uniform; however, athletic/tennis shoes are required (students are given the option to change in to appropriate clothes).
- Students are admitted to home athletic events free of charge.
- Saint Joseph annually honors our students’ grandparents and, at the same time, recognizes the Sisters of Mercy, who founded our school. The date of the Grandparents Mass has not been set.